Entrepreneurs, today, face a wide variety of complex legal and regulatory challenges while setting up a company as well as during various stages of its growth. A commercial lawyer is indispensable as he / she can guide the company on business related legal challenges and compliance requirements to the inforce laws and regulations. A business must consider having a commercial lawyer as a part of its team from the early stages of its development. Steinepreis Paganin Corporate Lawyers offer clients specialised and comprehensive advice on a range of corporate, mining and resources and commercial matters.
To get the best legal advice, it is important to hire the right candidate. While hiring a commercial lawyer one must look out for the following skills and attributes:
- Prior experience in same / similar business domain: A commercial lawyer’s experience of working in the same or similar business domain is of paramount importance. While interviewing ask the candidate about his / her education in a relevant specialization and prior experience suitable for your line of business.
- Risk taking attitude: A commercial lawyer must neither be too averse to taking risk nor be too aggressive in his / her approach. The right candidate would be one who is able to take a more balanced approach. This key attribute must be assessed while interviewing the candidate. A balanced perspective on risk would ensure that the commercial lawyer adopts a problem solving approach while handling your companies legal or compliance related challenges.
- Communication and interpersonal skills: It is very important that the lawyer communicates well and in a simple language. He / she must be willing to take the time to educate you and your staff about the legal aspects as well as the ramifications these can have on your business. He / she should be able to tell you the provisions of the law and compliance requirements for your business.
- Accessibility: The commercial lawyer must be easily accessible. Preferably, he / she should be in the same geographical area and easily accessible either in person or over the phone / email.
- Cost: The fees quoted by the commercial lawyer must be acceptable to you and within your company’s budget. Also make sure that you have a clear understanding of any additional charges over and above the professional fee quoted by the lawyer.