No look is compete with a touch of liner to the eyes. No matter how dressed down you want to look, stepping out without a bit of makeup especially a touch of liner or eyeshadow, is an impossibility. The fun part is doing up the eyes to bring out the beauty of your face. The not so fun part is reaching out for the bottle of Miskn Medik8 eye makeup remover to get the skin to look and feel squeaky clean. This is tough on those late nights when you just want to wash your face and roll into bed. Incase this is what you are tempted to do, just remember these three things:
Washing is not a good idea. Most makeup is oil based and using soap and water does not clean the skin. Infact the reverse happens. As most makeup is oil based, plain water cannot remove the makeup completely. What you require is an oil based product to remove the makeup completely. Most eye makeup removers are gentle and powerful with different cleansing systems to remove even the toughest waterproof mascara, without drying out the delicate skin around the eyes.
Your makeup can actually damage your skin while sleeping. When you sleep, your skin gets a chance to breathe and rejuvenate itself. If you sleep with makeup on, the skin becomes clogged and does not get a chance to breathe. This ends up making you look fatigued and dull and damages the skin When ingredients like Chamomile, Cornflower, hyaluronic acid etc are added to the remover, the delicate area around the eye gets cleansed as well as nourished as chamomile and cornflower help to soothe and nourish the delicate eye area while hyaluronic acid hydrates and conditions both skin and eyelashes. Alternately alcohol-based removers can be especially irritating or drying to the skin.
Not removing makeup results in acne. Not removing the makeup at night will clog the pores. Clogged pores are the main cause behind acne and blackheads, with of which do not do much for the look of your skin. In addition leftover mascara can lead to eye infections, discoloration and even puffy eyes in the morning.
Ayurveda is the science of life and longevity which was practised in Ancient India. Among other things, Ayurveda encompasses yoga which is the practise of postures, breathing exercises and meditation or relaxation techniques in order to achieve perfect physical, mental and emotional health. With yoga becoming popular yoga classes are mushrooming everywhere. Green Goodness Yoga has a list of yoga classes that suit your lifestyle.
However, while choosing a yoga class you must check that the centre has a certified yoga instructor and that public health and safety standards are being adhered to. In addition, following are some signs which can tell you that your yoga class is not working for you:
- You don’t look forward to the class: If you are not looking forward to your class but it is becoming more like something which you have to do since you have signed up it may not be the right class for you. An ideal yoga class must feel like a fun place where you bond well with your instructor and fellow practitioners.
- The class is focussed only on postures: An ideal yoga session must have a mix of yoga postures (asanas) along with breathing exercises and meditation or relaxation practices. A good mix of these three would ensure that you feel energised after your yoga session.
- You feel tired and exhausted after your class: In case you are feeling tired and exhausted after your yoga class rather than feeling energised you need to be concerned.
- You are experiencing aches and pains: While it is normal to have some minor aches and pains after your yoga session it is quite unusual for these aches and pains to persist. If your aches and pains persist you need to check whether there are some problems with your practise.
- You have sharp shooting pain in the back or neck: In case you experience sharp pain in your neck, spine or back you must discontinue the practise and see a doctor.
- You cannot understand the instructions of your yoga instructor: If you find that your yoga instructor isn’t very communicative or if you cannot understand the instructions it may be time for you to change your class. It is very crucial that you are able to understand the instructions as a wrong posture can lead to an injury. The yoga instructor must demonstrate the postures and help you especially if you are a beginner. If you aren’t comfortable with the instructor it may be wise to change your class.
Select the right class and start on a yoga journey to deepen your mind body connection with yourself.